Lauren Warner, Editor of 3ThingsforMom.com
An important note from the editor, Lauren Warner
It has been almost 9 months since I started 3Thingsformom.com.
And, like that other period of 9 months that we’re all so familiar with, this baby has grown in a way that has excited me, warmed my heart, made me smile and made me cry. Every single writer featured and every single post that has been shared has surprised me—not one didn’t. I learned something from every contributor. I bookmarked truths and tips and finds. I had conversations with friends and family about the commonality of motherhood: truths that span generations, cultures, lifestyles.
I’ve featured an amazing cast of contributors who have humbled me: writers with talents and time-constraints who I thought I’d never be able to reach, let alone feature. Women who are legends in their professions, their passions, their families. I mean, check out this list:
I started this website on a whim, not knowing where it would go or where life would lead—and here we are, 9 months down the road with so much to be thankful for. That is why it is with mixed emotions that I’ll be taking a break from this beautiful site for awhile.
It is the fullness of blessings in my personal life that are responsible: I am pregnant with #4, we’ll be moving into our new home, I am deep in the toddler trenches with 3 little ones—and the truth we all know is: there’s only so much time in the day.
This certainly doesn’t mean an end to 3ThingsforMom.com, just a hiatus of sorts. I have some fun ideas and extensions up my sleeve that I’m eager to explore during this break—and once baby #4 arrives in the spring, I will be able to re-evaluate priorities and make more concrete decisions about what’s on my plate.
I thank you for writing. I thank you for reading. I thank you for sharing your stories and your heart. This has been such a special project for me—and only because of each of you.
During this break, I invite you to peruse past posts—start from the beginning if you missed any—and check back to our shopping guide as we approach the holidays. There are SO many treasures in there! Also, make sure to sign up for the email list or our Facebook page to make sure you don’t miss any updates.
Just in case you missed them, here are the top 12 posts based on traffic alone:
1. A Rare and Beautiful Gift by Rachel Stafford, Hands Free Mama
2. Making Time for Free Time by Amber Dusick, Crappy Pictures
3. What Really Counts in the End by Sarah, Clover Lane
4. Dead Ends Don’t Exist by Nici Holt Cline, dig this chick
5. We Are What We Eat by Katie Stratton, Katie’s Pencil Box
6. Find Your Delicious by Shannan Martin, Flower Patch Farm Girl
7. What Would My Kids Say? by Melissa Lanz, The Fresh 20
8. Mom Sets the Mood by Lisa-Jo Baker, lisajobaker.com
9. The Dishes Can Wait by Dana Points, Editor-in-Chief, Parents magazine
10. Getting Help Isn’t Cheating by Grace Patton, Camp Patton
11. Big Kids Need Tucking In, Too by Michelle Lehnardt, Scenes from the Wild
12. Give the Gift of Boredom by Kara Fleck, Simple Kids
I’ll also be writing from time to time on my personal blog if you’d like to visit me there. I’ll be in touch!